During the 19th and 20th centuries Mazarron
underwent an economic revival, linked to the recovery of the mining and metallurgical industries.
This was a golden age for town planning, and numerous buildings were constructed in Mazarron
representative of the architecture associated with this period of prosperity.
One such building was the Town Hall, designed by the architects Francisco Rodenas, who began the project in 1889, and Francisco de Paula Oliver Rolandi, who continued the work from 1891 onwards and who also later designed the Town Hall of Cartagena
The building has three storeys and a cellar, and its most noteworthy features including period coffered ceiling, walls, cutains and furniture. An unusal and very beautiful zinc pavilion embellishes the outside of the buildings, which has been declared a Monument of the Cultural Interest.