The arquitectural design was done by Fray Alberto de la Madre (Carmelite Arquitect), carrying out constructions of Moslem style.
The work itself started on the 16th of July, 1617, with the direct support of Felipe III.
As some of the main emphasised participants, we have Miguel of Madariaga, Damian Plá and Jose Valles.
It was inaugurated on the 3rd of May, 1703. The front is attributable to Valles. Its construction carried out between 1715 and 1734.